LIFESTYLE: Halloween Film Favourites

by - October 25, 2017



The leaves are beginning to fall, the nights are getting darker, and Halloween is fast approaching.  My favourite time of the year!  I completely love Halloween, and everything that comes with it.  Fancy dress, toffee apples, pumpkin carving and scary movies!  So I thought, why not share with you my all time favourite spooky movies.  I have listed 5 but to be honest there are at least another 6 or 7 but these were my absolute favs.  In no particular order, here they are!

1.Hocus Pocus

Starring Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy, this family favourite by Disney is an all time classic.  If you haven't seen it (you would be mad not to!) the film is based around three Witches from Salem, who get resurrected after three centuries.  A group of kids, along with an immortal cat called Thackery Binx have to put an end to their reign of terror once and for all on Halloween night.  This is a great movie for all the family, even my son loves it!

2. The Craft

The Craft is possibly my favourite film of all time, mainly because one of the main characters, Nancy Downs, is such a badass!  The film is centered around 3 outcast teenage girls who come together to practice witchcraft.  A fourth girl (Sarah) joins them and soon they discover they can conjure up spells and curses against anyone who crosses them.

3. Ginger Snaps

Ginger Snaps is a film about two death-obsessed sisters who have to deal with the consequences when one of them (Ginger) gets bitten by a Werewolf.  Her sister, Brigitte, along with a local guy Sam have to race against the clock to try and find a cure for her before the next full moon approaches.  I love how dark and comical this film is, another great watch even if it's not Halloween!

4. Beetlejuice

Say it once...Say it twice....but we dare you to say it THREE TIMES!  When a recently deceased couple find their now empty beloved house invaded by a family of trendy New Yorkers, they call upon Beetlejuice to help rid them from their home.  Unfortunately, they get more than they bargained for with him!  Starring Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis and Michael Keaton, and directed by Tim Burton, this dark comedy is a firm favourite in our house on Halloween.

5. The Addams Family

Another family favourite is of course The Addams Family! Starring Anjelica Huston, Raul Julia and Christopher Lloyd, this fun family film sees two con artists trying to fleece an eccentric family out of their fortune by pretending to be a long-lost uncle.

As I said before, there are plenty more I could have listed, but these are my absolute favorites.  What are your favourite spooky films?

Let me know in the comments!

xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram