Edinburgh Girls' Weekend

by - October 11, 2017



Life has been super hectic recently (as usual!) with work and school, but last weekend I travelled up to Edinburgh for a girls' weekend away.  My friend Ange booked us tickets to see Placebo at Usher Hall so we decided to stay over and make a weekend of it!

Firstly, I just have to say this is my second ever trip to Scotland...silly really since we live so near! What I discovered though is it really is a beautiful city!  The architecture is stunning, and the city itself it so picturesque.  We travelled up by train and coach as the journey got split, but saying that it still didn't take too long.  We arrived on Saturday around lunchtime and as we couldn't check into our apartment until 4pm we decided to have a look around the city and find somewhere for lunch.  It was super busy so after a lot of walking around looking for somewhere to eat we settled on good old Pizza Hut!  After lunch we popped into Primark and it's safe to say I will be going to my local Primark on payday...there were so many pretty homeware items I need!  We took a cab to the apartment after and dumped our stuff.  Surprisingly it was a really cute little flat and very clean, unlike some of the worrying reviews we had read!



We didn't have much time until the gig so we had a couple of drinks and got ready, and then headed into town to meet another girl who was also coming with us.  We stopped off at the Voodoo Rooms for a quick cocktail and then made our way to Usher Hall. This was my second time seeing Placebo (last time was 14 years ago!) and we were all super excited.  Usher Hall was a fantastic venue to see them, and even though we had seats on the balcony we got some great views of the band.  They were completely amazing, even better I would say than the first time I saw them.  The atmosphere was insane and I have to say it was possibly one of the best gigs I have ever been to!




After the gig we decided to find a rock bar, so Ange suggested Opium nightclub, which was a place she went to a lot when she lived up there.  We seemed to walk for miles, with google maps taking us in circles haha, but finally we found it.  We had a fab time, and they played so many good songs.  I would definitely go there again if I go back to Edinburgh.

We headed back in the early hours as we had planned to visit Edinburgh Dungeons on Sunday.  We had a slight panic when we got back to the apartment as the lock on the door got jammed, and after 20 minutes of all 3 of us trying the key unsuccessfully we thought we were doomed to spend the night in the hallway.  I kept trying and eventually got the door open thank god, so we had food and went to bed.

We got up early on Sunday and got ready and packed our stuff up as we had to be out by 11am.  We took a cab to the Dungeons and it was awesome!  There were 11 live actors, and plenty of thrills and screams there.  We knew there was a freefall drop ride at the end of the tour and we had originally all planned to give it a miss but when we got there I decided to be brave and do it, so Ange and I went on. Oh my god it was scary!  It was so much fun though, although we didn't buy the photos as they were so horrific haha!  We bought some gifts in the gift shop and then went to grab some lunch before our train back home.





We all had a fantastic weekend, and have planned to to go back soon, since there was so much we didn't get to see and do this time around.

Have you been to Edinburgh? If so, what are your favourite things to see/do there?

Until next time!

xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram