Scarborough...and other things (PART 1)

by - August 08, 2017

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been quiet, I went away to Scarborough for the week last week with Ollie and Karl.  A lot has happened in that week I was away but I will get to all of that later, first I want to tell you about our holiday!

We visited Scarborough for the first time when Ollie was 3 (he's now 5) and completely fell in love with the place, so decided we were due a trip back.  We rented a lovely little cottage for the week  very close to Peasholm Park, in the North Bay area.  It was the perfect place to stay as it was close enough to walk down to the North Bay beach which is beautiful and clean.  Ollie loved making sandcastles there!  It was also right next to the new water park - although sadly we didn't get a chance to visit.  We did make sure to visit the Sea Life Centre though which is also up at the North Bay. 



View from the North Bay.



We saw loads of amazing sea life, penguins and some ridiculously cute seals at the Sea Life Centre which was fantastic!  Ollie enjoyed watching the penguins getting fed, and found it mesmerizing watching the giant turtle swim above us.  



 

We took Ollie down to the seafront most days where we tried out the local seafood, visited the arcades and had a ride on the one and only Pirate Ship - The Hispaniola!  Ollie thought it was fantastic and was even allowed to have a go at steering the ship!


View from the Hispaniola.

We also found the Tardis! Haha, not really, although we did find a fantastic original Police Box located by the seafront.  It is a Grade II-listed building which was recently renovated.  I found out that it is one of only three English boxes left standing in its original location and became listed in February 1988.


The Tardis!

Onto some of the good news...Before we went away I had gone for a job interview at Tesco as I wanted to get a second job.  I had already had a couple of interviews elsewhere and unfortunately not been successful but with this one I had a good feeling.  I was told I should hear something by the Friday before we went away.  I was constantly checking my phone that day willing it to ring but it didn't.  By Saturday, the day we went down to Scarborough I was getting a bit worried.  I still hadn't heard anything by the time we got there and thought the worst.  After unpacking and feeling pretty deflated at the thought of being knocked back again my phone rang.  It was them! I got offered the job!!! I was completely ecstatic and happy that finally it had finally happened! She was so lovely and said she had been trying to get hold of me but couldn't (I forgot I wouldn't have any signal as we were travelling by train). It honestly made my holiday...well all of ours! Good news! So yeah, I have my first day on Thursday and I cant wait!

I decided to do this post in two parts as it is quite a long one, so look out for part 2 coming in the next day or so.  More good news and some beautiful photos of our time in Peasholm Park!

Speak soon xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram