Scarborough...and other things (PART 2)

by - August 12, 2017

Evening all!

So, following on from my last post; as I was saying I went to Scarborough for a week with my little family.  The homely little cottage that we rented was just around the corner from Peasholm Park.  If you haven't already been, it is a stunning oriental themed park located in the North Bay area of Scarborough, which first opened in 1912.  It features a beautiful lake where you can have a ride on the Dragon Boats, or hire a rowing boat.  It has a central island in the middle which you can access by a Japanese-style bridge.  



Peasholm Park


Central Island

We decided to take a picnic to the park as it was a lovely day and after having a go on the Dragon Boats (which Ollie thought were fantastic!), we had a wander and found a lovely little area with picnic tables on the central island.  After our lunch we decided to climb the steps to have a look at the pagoda.  Once at the top we discovered the most beautiful Japanese-themed gardens surrounding it!


Japanese-themed gardens




Pagoda

It was such a lovely surprise to find this beautiful little garden at the top!  And the view looking out onto the lake was amazing.


Looking down from the island

We had a fantastic day at Peasholm Park, and I would definitely recommend a visit if you are staying in Scarborough.  They have various events on including The Naval Warefare event, Battle Of Peasholm, which has been running three times a week during the summer season for over 80 years.  Other events include brass band concerts, lantern displays and proms in the park.

We had such a lovely week away, we were sad to see it come to an end; but as I had mentioned in my previous post, another good thing happened while we were away.  

Before we went away we had been informed that our landlord wants to sell the house, so we would need to start looking for somewhere new to live.  We have been in our current house for nearly 3 years and even though it's far from perfect, it is home.  We started looking at properties before the holiday and viewed a few.  The last one we viewed though we really liked, so decided to put in the application for it.  While we were away I got a call to say that everything had gone through and we had the house!!  Cue the panic - we have a week until we move now!  I am really looking forward to the move, as the house is bigger and has a lot more storage, which will be perfect for us as our current house just isn't big enough and we had thought about moving anyway.  I'm just dreading the move day.  I have so much to do; packing, sorting out stuff for charity, cleaning etc.  I am hoping I can get it all done this week, as it's all happened so suddenly!

I am really excited for the new house though as I plan on having a permanent work space where I can craft, paint, blog and make my YouTube videos.  It will be so much better not having everything crammed into a corner of my kitchen like it is now!  

So, I apologise if I don't post as much over the next week, as I have so much going on with the house but I do have a really fun idea for a future post about craft work spaces.  I have been looking at inspo on Pinterest and will be sharing my findings with you all soon.  

Hope you all have a lovely evening,

Speak soon! xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram