Slimming World

by - July 18, 2017


 As you may already be aware, I am currently following Slimming World. 
   I decided to join Slimming World last October because I was fed up with my excess post baby weight as I had managed to gain 4 stone when I was pregnant (eek!).  I blame it on my love for Peter's iced buns as I would eat up to 4 a day sometimes haha!
  Something clicked though last year and I decided it was time to get back on track and start eating better again.  Cue Slimming World!

I had always been a bit wary of Slimming World in the past as all I had heard were these strange sounding abbreviations such as 'sp' and 'hex a' etc-it all sounded so confusing!  Anyway, I bit the bullet and signed up.  It took me a while to get my head around the plan but after a few weeks I started to get it.  Slowly I started to lose weight and I began to feel better about myself again.  Christmas crept up though and even though I had lost a stone (woo!), being surrounded by chocolate and other tempting treats I caved in!  It all kind of went downhill from there and I lost my way again.  Chocolate, crisps, takeaways-these were my downfall and I ended up putting on the stone I had lost.  I was gutted, and pretty annoyed with myself.

About 2 months ago I decided once again to try with Slimming World.  I scoured the internet searching for recipes and stocked up on fresh fruit and vegetables and gave it another go.



So far I have lost 5lbs; not great but it's something!  I've had a few blips (ahem Domino's) but I've learnt to just brush it off and carry on the next day.

I've come to realise that I have an insanely bad sweet tooth (since I was pregnant) so I'm always on the lookout for low syn treats and recipes.  My current favs are baked oats with Nutella (omg it tastes AMAZING!) and homemade Cherry Bakewell mini muffins.  



I also recently made a fakeaway KFC as I was soo close to cracking and getting an actual takeaway.  I'm not lying when I say it tasted as good, if not better than the real thing!

Pinterest has been a total lifesaver when I've struggled on what to make, it's definitely my go-to when I'm out of meal ideas.

Do you/have you tried Slimming World?  If so, do you have any awesome recipes or tips?  If you do please feel free to share them as I would love to hear about how others are getting on with it!

Sorry it's been a lengthy post, and thank you so much for reading! <3



You May Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram